SEMINOLE YOUTH SOCCER
Tots – Rules
Game Times/Length: This Division is designed for children who are at least 3 years old and no older than 4 years old on September 1, 2021. Games will be played on Saturday mornings at either 9:00 am or 10:30 am. Games will be played in four 10 minute periods. There will be a three-minute break between periods one and two, and three and four. There will be a five-minute break between periods two and three.
Number of Players: There will be a maximum of 12 players on each team, unless the coach asks for an additional player. Eight players will be on the field at any given time. This means seven field players and one goalie. Substitutions can be made at any time during play. We realize that some children may have difficulty starting at this age. If a parent needs to be on the field with a child to get them started, they may do so in the first few games. After that we ask that only two coaches from each team be on the field at a time.
League Rules of Play:
- No scores are kept at this age.
- Games will be played with a size 3 ball.
- All players will receive an equal amount of playing time, regardless of participation in practice.
- All players should be allowed to explore every position that they wish to try.
- Two coaches from each team are allowed on the field during play. One coach from each team will also serve as the referee (only two whistles).
- The first team listed on the schedule will be the visiting team and will start the game with the ball. The kickoff occurs at the center of the field. Teams will alternate the kick-off each quarter. The non-kicking team must be 5 yards from the ball.
- No tripping, hitting, pushing, or kicking is allowed and absolutely NO SLIDE TACKLING is allowed.
- Heading will not be practiced or used in games at this age group.
- No using your hands unless you are the goalkeeper.
- Balls out of play:
- The ball must completely cross the line to be out of play.
- Ball out of play on the sideline will be put into play with a throw-in by the team that did not kick it out.
- Ball out of play on the endline will be put into play with:
i. a goal kick by the defensive team.
ii. a corner kick by the offensive team.
- Fouls or handballs: The other team will be allowed a free kick from the spot of the foul.
- Goalkeepers are allowed to use their hands to pick up the ball and throw it back down the field. They must also wear a different colored jersey than either team.
- All spectators are to be at least one yard from the side of the field. Absolutely no spectators are allowed behind the end-line (goal) during the match.
- Goals are scored when the ball crosses the goal line between the post and under the crossbar completely.
- Practices are optional and do not determine playing time on Saturdays. All players must play at least one half of every game.
- Players must wear their Seminole Youth Soccer uniforms at all games. This includes matching black socks and shorts.
- Shin guards are mandatory and must be worn at all practices and games. Socks must be worn over the shin guard. Soccer shoes are strongly recommended, but not required.
- Absolutely no jewelry or baseball caps are allowed to be worn during practices or games. A goalie may wear a soft hat to keep the sun out of his/her eyes.
- Everyone is required to have lots of fun.