SEMINOLE YOUTH SOCCER
Rules for U-6 Division
Game Times/Length: This Division is designed for children who are 6 years old or younger on September 1, 2016. Games will be played on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. Games will be played in two 25-minute halves. There will be a five minute break between halves, when the teams change sides. All games need to start on time, because you must leave the field by the start of the next game that is assigned to the field.
Number of Players: There will be a maximum of 15 players on each team, unless the coach asks for an additional player. Nine players will be on the field at any given time. This means eight field players and one goalie. If one team is short players, the opposing team will play with the same number as the team that is short.
League Rules of Play:
All players will receive an equal amount of playing time, regardless of a player’s ability to make it to practice.
- All players must be allowed to play every position that they wish to try.
- Games will be played with a size 3 ball that is supplied by the home team.
- One coach from each team is allowed on the field during play. He/she will also serve as the referee and scorekeeper. The other coach or coaches are responsible for making sure that all players play an equal amount of time. No coaches or parents are allowed behind the goals.
- The coaches will determine who kicks off to start the game. The other team will kick the second half. The kickoff occurs from the center of the field with the opposing team outside the center circle and both teams on their sides of the field. The kick off may go in any direction.
- No tripping, hitting, pushing, or kicking is allowed and absolutely NO SLIDE TACKLING is allowed.
- No intentional touching of the ball with the hands (from the shoulder to the finger tips) is allowed, unless you are the goalkeeper inside of the penalty area.
- NO INTENTIONAL HEADING of the ball will be coached during practice or used during the games. A change of possession will occur at the spot of the intentional heading. The player will be warned not to head the ball. If the heading occurs inside the penalty area by the defense, the ball will be placed outside the area for the kick.
- Balls out of play:
- The ball must completely cross the line to be out of play.
- Ball out of play on the sideline will be put into play with a throw-in by the team that did not touch the ball last.
- Ball out of play on the endline will be put into play (by the team that did not touch the ball last) with:
- a goal kick by the defensive team.
- a corner kick by the offensive team.
- Substitutions can be made during any dead ball situation (free kick, throw-ins, goal kicks, etc.).
- Substitutions must be made from the sideline, at the center of the field.