SEMINOLE YOUTH SOCCER
Rules for U-5 Division
Game Times/Length: This Division is designed for children who are 5 years old or younger on September 1, 2017. Games will be played on Saturdays at 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Games will be played in four 10 minute periods. There will be a two-minute break between periods one and two, and three and four. There will be a five-minute break between periods two and three. All games need to start on time, because you must leave the field by the start of the next game that is assigned to the field.
Number of Players: There will be a maximum of 13 players on each team, unless the coach asks for an additional player. Eight players will be on the field at any given time. This means seven field players and one goalie. Substitutions can be made at any time during play during a dead ball situation.
League Rules of Play:
- No scores are kept at this age.
- Games will be played with a size 3 ball that is supplied by the home team.
- All players will receive an equal amount of playing time, regardless of participation in practice.
- All players should be allowed to explore every position that they wish to try.
- Two coaches from each team are allowed on the field during play. One coach from each team will also serve as the referee (only two whistles).
- The first team listed on the schedule will be the visiting team and will start the game with the ball. The kickoff occurs at the center of the field. Teams will alternate the kick-off each quarter. The non-kicking team must be 5 yards from the ball.
- No tripping, hitting, pushing, or kicking allowed and absolutely NO SLIDE TACLING.
- No using your hands unless you are the goalkeeper.
- Balls out of play:
- The ball must completely cross the line to be out of play.
- Ball out of play on the sideline will be put into play with a throw-in by the team that did not kick it out.
- Ball out of play on the endline will be put into play with:
- a goal kick by the defensive team.
- a corner kick by the offensive team.