SEMINOLE YOUTH SOCCER
RULES for U-14 Division
Game Times/Length: This Division is designed for children who are 13 and 14 years old or younger on September 1, 2019. Games will be played on Saturdays at various times. Games will be played in two 35-minute halves. There will be a five-minute break between the two halves. If the weather dictates, there will also be a 1 minute water break around the 17 minute mark of each half. All games need to start on time, because you must leave the field by the start of the next game that is assigned to the field. We use a running clock, so the clock should not stop during the game.
Number of Players: There will be a maximum of 18 players on each team. Eleven players will be on the field at any given time. This means ten field players and one goalie. You must have at least nine players to play a game. Players from another team that are of age and registered in the league can play for a team that is short players.
League Rules of Play:
- All players will receive an equal amount of playing time, regardless of the player’s ability to make it to practice.
- Games will be played using a size 5 ball that is supplied by the home team.
- One coach/referee from each team is required on the field during play. If the league is able to supply a volunteer referee, each team is required to supply a coach/volunteer to help with the offsides monitoring. The other coach or coaches are responsible for making sure that all players play an equal amount of time. No coaches or parents will be allowed behind the goals.
- The first team listed on the schedule will be the visiting team and will start with the ball in the first half. Teams will switch sides at halftime, and the home team will kick off the second half. The ball can go in any direction at the kick off.
- No tripping, hitting, pushing, or kicking allowed, and absolutely NO SLIDE TACKLING is allowed.
- No intentional touching of the ball with the hands (from the shoulder to the finger tips) is allowed, unless the player is the goalkeeper and is inside the penalty box.
- Offside: The offside rule will be enforced in this age group. The rule states that when a pass is made to player two from player one, player two may not be in an offside position. An offside position occurs when player two is on his/her opponent’s end of the field and there are not two defending players between or even with him/her and the goal. When an offside occurs, the defending team is awarded a free kick from the spot of the offside.
- Balls out of play:
- The ball must completely cross the line to be out of play.
- Ball out of play on the touchline (sideline) will be put into play with a throw-in (two hands over the head) by the team that did not touch the ball last.
- Ball out of play on the end-line will be put into play, by the team that did not touch it last, with:
- a goal kick by the defending team.
- a corner kick by the attacking team.
- Substitutions can be made during any dead ball situation (free kick, throw-ins, goal kicks, etc.).
- Substitutions must be made from the sideline, at the center of the field.