SEMINOLE YOUTH SOCCER
Rules for U-10 Division
Game Times/Length: This Division is designed for children who are 9 years old and 10 years old or younger on September 1, 2018. Games will be played on Saturdays at various times. Games will be played in two 30 minute halves. There will be a five-minute break between the two halves, when the teams change sides. All games must start on time, because you must leave the field by the start time of the next game that is assigned to the field. You have a 60-minute game with a 90-minute field time. You should warm up off the field before the game, so you can start at the right time.
Number of Players: Nine players will be on the field at any given time. This means eight field players and one goalie. If one team is short players, the opposing team will play with the same number as the team that is short.
League Rules of Play:
- All players will receive an equal amount of playing time, regardless of a player’s ability to make it to practice.
- All players must be allowed to play every position that they wish to try.
- Games will be played with a size 4 ball that is supplied by the home team.
- One coach from each team is allowed on the field during play. He/she will also serve as the referee and scorekeeper. The other coach or coaches are responsible for making sure that all players play an equal amount of time. No coaches or parents are allowed behind the goals.
- The first team listed on the schedule will be the visiting team and will start the game with the ball. The kickoff occurs from the center of the field with the opposing team outside the center circle and both teams on their sides of the field. Teams switch sides, and the home team will kick-off to start the second half.
- No tripping, hitting, pushing, or kicking is allowed.
- No intentional touching of the ball with the hands (from the shoulder to the finger tips) is allowed, unless you are the goalkeeper inside of the penalty area.
- NO INTENTIONAL HEADING of the ball will be coached during practice nor used during the game. A change of possession will occur at the spot of the intentional heading. The player will be warned not to head the ball. If the heading occurs inside the penalty area by the defensive team, the ball will be placed outside the area for the kick.
- Balls out of play:
- The ball must completely cross the line to be out of play.
- Ball out of play on the sideline will be put into play with a throw-in by the team that
did not touch the ball last.
- Ball out of play on the endline will be put into play (by the team that did not touch the
ball last) with:
- a goal kick by the defensive team.
- a corner kick by the offensive team.
awarded to the other team from that spot. The defending team may put up a wall in front of the kick.
- Substitutions can be made during any dead ball situation (free kick, throw-ins, goal kicks, etc.).
- Substitutions must be made from the sideline, at the center of the field